Expert Areas : Synthesis of inorganic compounds, Nano-particles, Water purification, Water analysis
Dr Jyotsna Kaushal is doing research in the area of water purification in which industrial effluent, grey water and drinking water are processed by green technologies i.e. Phytoremediation or rice husk ash. Presently she is also working on STP where conventional and phytoremediation techniques are to be implemented for recycling of water. Besides this, also working in the synthesis of nanoparticles by green synthesis and its application. She was former dean of Applied Sciences department where students of engineering streams are learning foundation courses in sciences for their first year BE course. She is a volunteer of international NGO, Art of Living, and she regularly volunteers to go to PGI Drug De-addiction Centre to practice yoga, meditation with the affected patients. She practices Sudharshan Kriya, yoga and meditation. She is also working in villages for spreading awareness of safe drinking water. She is passionate about travelling to various places and reading spiritual books.
1.Vasisht, S.K., Kaur, T.P., Usha, K., Kaushal, J. and Bandhu, K., 1995. SILYL-NITROGEN COMPOUNDS, 1 III: SYNTHESIS AND CHARACTERISATION OF PENTASILA-PHOSPHA AND PENTASILA-ARSA PENTAZENES. Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon and the Related Elements, 107(1-4), pp.189-195.
2. Vasisht, S.K., Kaur, T.P., Kaushal, J. and Dixit, S., 1997. Synthesis and characterization of sodium bis (trimethylstannyl) amide and bis (trimethylsilyl) bis (trimethylstannyl)-phospha-tetrazene. Journal of organometallic chemistry, 540(1-2), pp.51-54.
3. Vasisht, S.K. and Kaushal, J., 1998. Silyl-nitrogen compounds: Part VI-Reactions of lithium tris (trimethylsilyl) hydrazine with non-metallic halides. Indian J. of Chemistry 37A ,626-630
4.Vasisht, S.K. and Kaushal, J., 2000. Silyl-nitrogen compounds: Part (XI) Synthesis of silylatedmetallahydrazines.Indian Journal of Chemistry 39A, 863-866
5. Vasisht, S.K., Kaur, T.P. and Kaushal, J., 2001. Silyl-nitrogen compounds: Part XII-Mode of addition reactions in trisila-phospha-triazene.Indian Journal ofChemistry 40A, 232-235
6. Wangoo, N., Kaushal, J., Bhasin, K.K., Mehta, S.K. and Suri, C.R., 2010. Zeta potential based colorimetric immunoassay for the direct detection of diabetic marker HbA1c using gold nanoprobes. Chemical Communications, 46(31), pp.5755-5757.
7.Boro, R.C., Kaushal, J., Nangia, Y., Wangoo, N., Bhasin, A. and Suri, C.R., 2011. Gold nanoparticles catalyzed chemiluminescence immunoassay for detection of herbicide 2, 4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid. Analyst, 136(10), pp.2125-2130.
8. Nangia, Y., Kumar, B., Kaushal, J. and Suri, C.R., 2012. Palladium@ gold bimetallic nanostructures as peroxidase mimic for development of sensitive fluoroimmunoassay. Analyticachimicaacta, 751, pp.140-145.
9. Ali V., Vasisht U.,Kaushal J. 2012. Synthesis, Physico-chemical properties and spectroscopic Charecterisation of phenolic modified castor oil based polyol, Hungarian Journal of industrial and chemistry 40, pp.31-36
10. Welderfael, T., Yadav, O.P., Taddesse, A.M. and Kaushal, J., 2013.Synthesis, characterization and photocatalytic activities of Ag-N-codopedZnO nanoparticles for degradation of methyl red. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Ethiopia, 27(2), pp.221-232.
11. Mahajan, P. and Kaushal, J., 2014. Degradation of Congo Red dye in aqueous solution by using phytoremediation potential of Chara vulgaris.Chitkara Chemistry Review, 1
12. Sharma, H., Sharma, S.C., Manchanda, T. and Singh, S., 2014. Mobility Behaviour of Amino Acids on Silica Gel-G, Starch and Titanium Tungstate Layers Using Mixed Mobile Phases Containing DMSO.
13.Yadav ,OP., Taddesse, Abi., Kaushal J.,2013, Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles and their Antibacterial Activity, HailemariamGebru , , J. Surface Science and Technology. 29,pp1-20
14. Vashisht, U., Ali, V. and Kaushal, J., 2014. Synthesis of Phenolic Blended Modified Natural Polyols for Preparation of Aliphatic Two Component Polyurethane Coatings.
15. Vashisht, U. and Kaushal, J., 2014. Synthesis and Kinetic Studies of Rigid Polyurethane Foam Based on Modiied Castor Oil.
16. Sharma, H., Manchanda, T., Kaushal, J. and Singh, S., 2014. Study of the Protonation-DeprotonationEquilibria and Thermodynamics of Alkyl and Aryl Substituted Violuric Acid.
17.Sharma, H., Manchanda, T., Kaushal, J. and Singh, S., 2014. Study of the Protonation-DeprotonationEquilibria and Thermodynamics of Alkyl and Aryl Substituted Violuric Acid.
18. KHAN, M., AFTAB, M., CHAUHAN, V. and KAUSHAL, J., 2015. Antimicrobial Efficacy of Green Silver Nanoparticles and Potential Implications for Human Health and the Environment.
19. Kaushal J., Mahajan P., 2015.Exploring the Phytoremediation Potential of Salviniamolestafor the degradation of Malachite green dye Phytoremediation,
Res Journal of Chem Environ, 19, 1-8
20. Manchanda T, Kaushal, J, 2016, Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles by Using Pomegranate and Their Antimicrobial Activity-A Revolution. J Chem Environ Sci App
21. Kaushal J, and Mahajan P.2016 Phytoremediation Potential Of Chara Vulgaris For Degradation Of An Azo Dye-Eriochrome Black-T, International World Conference on environment Management,Issue No.1, DOI 10.1186/s40064-015-1484-7, 1087-1091.
22. Kaushal, J., Bhatti, J. and Kumar, P., 2016. Green synthesis and physico-chemical study of silver nanoparticles extracted from a natural source Luffaacutangula. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 224, pp.991-998.
23. Kaushal J., Mahajan P., Sharma S., Adsorption of textile dyes by plant biomass: A review, 2016, International Journal of Advanced technology in Engineering and Science 4, 143-152
24. Kaushal J., Mahajan P., Mittal A.,Utilization of Plant Biomass used for Phytoremediation Technology – A Review, International Journal of Advanced Research in Science and Engineering , 5, 1047-1052.
25. Kaushal J., Mahajan P., 2016, Potential of Hydrillaverticillatafor the Degradation of Contaminants from Textile Effluent, The Research Journal2, 70-74.
26. MAHAJAN, P., SINGLA, S. and KAUSHAL, J., 2016. Phytoremediation of heavy metals using Brassica juneca-A Review.
27. MAHAJAN, P., SINGLA, S. and KAUSHAL , 2016, Removal of Dyes from Wastewater by Plant Waste,Int J Adv Res Sci.Engg 5,228–239
28. Mahajan, P. and Kaushal, J., 2018. Role of phytoremediation in reducing cadmium toxicity in soil and water. Journal of toxicology
29. Bhardwaj, P., Kaushal, J., Naithani, V. and Singh, A.P., 2018. Phytoremediation of pulp and paper mill effluents by Salviniamolesta and its comparison with nanoparticles inclusive phytoremediation. Int J Basic Appl Res, 8, pp.338-355.
30. Mahajan, P., Kaushal, J., Upmanyu, A. and Bhatti, J., 2019. Assessment of Phytoremediation Potential of Chara vulgaris to Treat Toxic Pollutants of Textile Effluent. Journal of toxicology, .
31. Mahajan P and KaushalJ .,2019. Phytoremediation of carcinogenic diazo Congo Red dye by using Pistiastratiotes (water lettuce), Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment 23, 65-73.
32. Dutta V., Sharma S., Raizada P., Bandegharaei A.H., Kaushal J., Singh P., 2020. Fabrication of visible light active BiFeO3/CuS/SiO2 Z-scheme photocatalyst for efficient dye degradation, Material Letters 270,127693
33. Mahajan P and KaushalJ .,2020. Phytoremediation of azo dye Methyl Red by macroalgaeChara vulgaris L.:Kinetic and Equilibrium Studies, Environmental Science and Pollution Research)doi.org/10.1007/s11356-020- 08977-w
34. McKay F.H., John P., Sims A., Kaur G., Kaushal J., 2020. Documenting the Food Insecurity Experiences and Nutritional Status of Women in India: Study Protocol Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health,doi:10.3390/ijerph17113769
35. Mahajan P and KaushalJ .,2020Epidemic Trend of COVID-19 Transmission in India During Lockdown-1 Phase, Journal of Community Health, doi.org/10.1007/s10900-020-00863-3
Field of Specialisation
Synthetic chemistry, Green synthesis of nano particles, Phytoremediation of industrial waste water
Exploring the potential of phytoremediation on textile waste water and paper & pulp industry
Green synthesis of nano particles and application antibacterial activities
1) Water Purification System Based On Earthen Pot
Patent No.: 3516/DEL/2015 Dt. 29.10.15
2) Portable device for analysing adulteration in milk
Patent No.: 2718/DEL/2015 Dt. 30.8.2016
3) Process for Phytoremediation using Nephthytis
Patent No.: 201611015017 Dt. 2016
4) IMPROVED POTABLE EARTHERN DRINKING WATER UNIT
Patent No.: 201711045864 Dt. 20.12.17
5) Herbal based liquid utensil cleaner
Patent No. : 201911020528 Dt.23.5.2019
6) Herbal Candle Composition
Patent No.: 201911049317 Dt. 29.11.2019
Industry: 04 years, Research associate in R&D of Pharmeceutical company(Nov.1994- Jan 1999)
Worked in CSIR PROJECT (May 1999- July 2001)
Teaching: 15 years, August 2001- till date